Features & Amenities
Located in one of the most coveted areas of Mill Valley, near the Dipsea Steps, Old Mill Park, Old Mill School and downtown Mill Valley, this home offers privacy, serenity and community access to everything this vibrant town has to offer. The 4260+/- square foot, 4 bedroom & 4.5 bath custom Craftsman was built in 1999 and features high ceilings, state of the art technology, beautiful wood work and architectural details and a fantastic indoor-outdoor connection.
The residence includes an expansive chef's kitchen, family dining area and family room that opens to the backyard. The very large office has an en-suite bath and could be a fifth bedroom. The formal living room is currently set up as a state-of-the-art home theatre. A formal dining room, en-suite guest bedroom with separate entrance and stupendous master suite with private patio, envyable custom walk-in master closet and spa-like master bath.
The exterior elements include beautiful mature landscaping and gardens, an inviting front porch with four rocking chairs that beckon you to watch the world go by, backyard area with stone patio, fire pit, seasonal creek. The front yard includes a level lawn, private patio and meandering pathways.
The Town of Mill Valley has been the epicenter of Marin County's hip restaurant and coffee scene, cultural mecca with the Sweetwater Music Hall, Throckmorton Theatre, Mill Valley Film Festival and the gateway to some of the best hiking and cycling Northern California has to offer. Award winning Mill Valley Schools and close proximity to San Francisco make this an ideal place to call home.
- Large living room boasts high ceilings, crown molding, custom built-in cabinets and wood work surrounding the fireplace complete with stone hearth, built-in desk and oversized Anderson sliding glass doors to backyard
- Kitchen offers an oversized island with custom cabinets, 15 bottle wine holder, Stale diamond pattern floors, Sub-Zero refrigerator, double sink with separate instant filtered water faucet, Dynasty stove with six-burner and griddle with oversized oven and copper hood, two Bosch dishwashers, Thermador convection and warming oven, Dacor built-in microwave, Kitchenaid trash compactor
- Formal dining room has pop-up ceiling, is light filled and accommodates seating for six-eight
- Entry has an inviting oversized wood door with glass detailing, porch with four rocking chairs
- The formal Living room has been transformed into the Media room and opens with French doors, built-in cabinets surround the warm stacked-stone fireplace and a mounted projector on the ceiling points to the remote controlled oversized retractable screen
- Between the Media room and family room is a home office with Carrera marble countertops, built-in shelves and drawers and en-suite full bath with Carrera tiles. The home office could be converted to a fifth bedroom
UPSTAIRS BEDROOM WING AND BASEMENT BONUS ROOMS:
- Master bedroom has a double door entry and offers a deck with a two-person hot tub, large custom walk-in closet, master bath with double vanity, seated make-up vanity, Ultra soaking tub and walk-in shower
- Two additional bedrooms are located on the second floor, both have custom closets. At the end of the hall is a double sink shared bath with a sliding privacy door to separate the shower and toilet
- Centrally located between the master bedroom and the two kids bedrooms is a laundry room with front loading LG washer/dryer complete with sink and countertop
- Downstairs is the fourth bedroom which would be perfect for guests, au pair or in-laws as with its own entry, en suite bath and closet with built-in shelves
- Outdoor backyard offers a fire pit area with great outdoor space for entertaining, seasonal creek, quaint bridges and meandering paths throughout the property
- Direct access to hiking and biking trails, specifically "Trail 34" which runs alongside the property
- Level lawn
- Built-in speakers and Kaleidoscope Home Entertainment system throughout house
- Three car garage and room for 4+ car off-street parking
- Lutron lighting system
- Crestron system for music
MILL VALLEY COMMUNITY:
Mill Valley edges Mount Tamalpais State Park, with hiking and mountain biking through redwood forests and hillsides strewn with wildflowers. It has redwood groves and oak woodlands with a spectacular view from the 2,571-foot peak. On a clear day, visitors can see the Farallon Islands 25 miles out to sea, the Marin County hills, San Francisco and the bay, hills and cities of the East Bay, and Mount Diablo. More than 50 miles of trail are within the park and connect to a larger, 200-mile-long trail system within the Golden Gate National Recreation Area.
Read more »